Florence is considered one of the most romantic cities in the world. Located in the Tuscany region of Italy, Florence was once the heart of the Renaissance that swept through Europe after the Dark Ages. Not only can you experience beautiful architecture in this city, but you can also experience amazing entertainment and you can eat at some of the most delicious restaurants in the world. If you are looking for a honeymoon destination, or if you simply want to take your special someone to a beautiful location, Florence is the place to go. When it comes down to it, visiting Florence will offer memories for a lifetime. Before you embark, though, you want to be sure that you have all your ducks lined up in a row. The last thing you want is to visit the city without a plan. Here is how to plan a romantic trip to Florence, Italy.
- Pick the right time to go – there is a fine balance, because while the summertime is arguably the best time to visit Florence, it can be crowded and expensive. Consider visiting in the spring, which can also be quite nice. The only difference is that city can be a little dead in the springtime, so if you want to experience the frenetic energy of Florence, you probably want to visit in the summer. Late summer is the best.
- Make sure that you find the right plane ticket at the right price – if you book far enough in advance you will be able to find affordable airfare. If you wait, though, your tickets could be twice the price. When the demand gets really high, usually closer to the busy season, the airlines raise the prices.
- Create a budget – before you book your airfare and settle on a hotel, you want to create a budget. Without a solid budget in mind, it will be easy to over-spend. This is why you want to start jotting down a list of all your expenses and deciding how much you are willing to spend.
- Book your hotel – this can get tricky, because you could easily be roped into a steep deal. While there are a lot of hotel options in Florence, you really have to weigh different factors – from the price, to the rating of the hotel and its distance to the heart of the city. The last thing you want is to be too far out of the action.
- Decide on a time to tell your romantic partner that you have planned a trip to Florence, Italy – this is the most fun part of the planning process, because you get to surprise the person you love. You can tell the person after work, or you can do so in a fun cryptic note. Whatever you do, it will be fun to surprise him or her. If you really want to make it special, you want to take your time. At the end of the day, it’s not everyday that you get to take someone to Italy.